Monday, April 30, 2012

Final Blog

Overall, I enjoyed blogging. Usually when professors want a blog, they assign you a subject and have strict guidelines about what they want you to write. It’s not personal or creative. Nothing about it says “you” except maybe the fact that you wrote it. It’s more so an online document. This blog gave me the chance to think internally, deeply, about things I had never thought about before. It also gave me the chance to express my opinion on a few things I had never talked about. In this way, I did feel the “Iggy filter”. In terms of faith, I think I’m right in the middle. I’m sure of a few things but I need to find time and mental space to explore all of my beliefs at their very essence and core. Maybe a retreat! (hahaha)

The hardest blog to answer in my opinion was “Indulgences”. I try not to think about my weaknesses. I almost kind of keep them at bay because I want to bring out the best in me and not be so negative. That resulted in me just typing, going on a rant because it was probably the best way to get it out. I couldn’t focus on what I was saying. I understand but I felt that this particular weakness would be hard to convey to an audience.

 The easiest blog is definitely “Why This Guy Hates the Church, Not Religion, And Loves Jesus”. I love debate/ picking apart people’s arguments.

 As much as I like the blogs, I don’t know if my thoughts could be so easily provoked on their own. This is probably why I could never keep a consistent journal/diary when I was younger. It was fun while it lasted and gave me a nice break from some of my other work to focus on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment